Saturday, March 16, 2013

Hospitals can help and hinder

Ok been avoiding this but it's time and I hope that my friends and others read this so they can understand where I'm coming from. Sometime before Superbowl Sunday my body starting shutting down. I had an infection and was on antibiotics which my friend was literally pushing down my throat to get me to take them. I take Lithium for Mood Disorders and clonopin for anxiety, and other meds for PTSD, OCD, Panic attacks etc. There was too much Lithium in my body and it wouldn't metabolize so oxygen was not getting to my brain and signals from the brain were not making it to my body and I went into a catatonic/coma state. I was not responding and I have no memory of the weeks before and days after I was in the hospital. 

During this time I went thru withdrawal from the Oxycontin I was on (I'm kinda glad I was not remembering this) I "woke" up in the Stroke Unit in a clean room - literally anyone coming into the room had to gown up. The doctors thought I might have MRSA an antibiotic resistant infection since I have had it twice before. They started me back on low doses of pain meds for my bladder pain. As time went on and the pain was more and more I kept asking to see the doctor and get more meds. This was so not a concern of the nursing staff. When The doctor finally came in it was a psychiatrist and I was told I needed to talk to the medical doctor. That took days and finally when She came in it was brutal - I was told I needed to sign myself into the psych ward. But my PAIN she said she would look into it. Needless to say no matter which doc or nurse I talked to they were not the right ones!!!

so I signed into the unit and it was 3 days before I got there. And still bugging the staff about pain meds. The Head Psychiatrist told me it would be taken care of. What he didn't tell me was he was going on vacation and I would get pot luck and a different doctor each time. There's so much more and I will write more later it's too difficult right now and I'm sitting here crying over what has happened.

Goddess Bless please leave me a note on Twitter or Facebook if you've read this. I need the support please. 

No comments:

Post a Comment