Wednesday, December 2, 2009

Up before the sun AGAIN

Good morning to all the invisible people who read my blog LOL. Can't wait til Saturday's Josh party I have to go out and get a toy my budget doesn't allow for more than that cause I'm bringing a green bean casserole Since everyone has probably had enough of the regular casseroles I'll make my mine with cream of brocolli instead of mushroom and I'll add Colby cheese and make it very crispy. Sounds good too good it's good I have jelly beans in bed with me yummy. I freely admit that I am a jelly bean addict LOL And the real funny part is that rite aid brand are the best jelly beans out there.

Went last night to the 7-11 to get some jellie's last night and the same young homeless man was there as the other night. I told him I would catch him on the way out. He say it was ok cause I gave him the other night. So I went in got my stuff and i went over to him after and gave him 2 bucks and asked him when the last time he ate was. He told me about 2 days so I went to turn around to get the sandwhich I bought to give it to him and he said NO that the pizza guy was going to give him a pizza. JUst then the guy came out and I said, you giving Lexington a pizza cause if not I was going to buy him something. The guy said he would make a pizza later for Lexington.

We chatted for a few minutes and the pizza guy came out with a pizza for Lexington. Lex told me it was because of me that the guy came back out. A matter of machismo. Because I said something that the guy brought out the pizza. I asked Lex if he wanted to sit in my car and eat so he'd get warm. So we talked some more and Lex offered me a piece I took the smallest one. I asked Lex did he need blankets, sock, etc I put my hand on his hand and said I would bring him something every time I came up that way. You know what he did? He cried. He told me how much he appreciated everything I was doing for him. The fact that I physically reached out to touch his hand, I didn't treat him like dirt but like a real human being. He took it the way I meant it just as a gesture of friendship. INSIDE of me I had the biggest smile. I have all these quilts downstairs so I'll bring a couple for him and his buddies. And what ever else I could get. The tears just ran down his face as he opened the car door and disappeared into the could rainy night.
Namaste my friends

No comments:

Post a Comment